Jesus said from His Cross, "I am thirsty!" What was Jesus' Thirst?

 Jesus said, “I am thirsty” from His Cross. What was Jesus’ Thirst?

When Jesus said from His Cross on Good Friday, “I am thirsty”, what was He “thirsty” for? Was Jesus simply thirsty from possibly not drinking anything since Thursday night? Was His thirst caused from the incredible amount of water loss he sweated away because of all the physical and mental stress he experienced? Was Jesus’ thirst caused by the horrible whipping He endured causing a massive amount of blood loss?

Jesus’ “thirst” could have been caused by all of those. However, I believe, Jesus’ “thirst” went much deeper than just for His physical need. Jesus could have said, “God, I am thirsty, quench my “thirst”, save me from all this pain and suffering.” However, I believe Jesus’ “thirst” was for the world to know and believe-in God’s love for the world by saying, “God, ‘I am thirsty’, to die, to show the world just how much I, and You, so love the world.”

We at St. John’s believe-in Jesus’, in God’s “thirst” for us to see, know, and live God’s love for the world. Because of Jesus’ “thirst”, that is why we do so much for our world through our many social ministries. Check them out on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/stjohnsdonelson

With all the pain and suffering going on in our world, in all of our lives, our world is in desperate need of Jesus’ “thirst”, of God’s love. If you are looking for a faith community that strives to live Jesus’ “thirst” for love, for all people, and as we love to say at St. John’s, “All means all”, you are invited to come join us.

            As always, I welcome your comments. Simply click on the comment/no comment button. Comments can be made anonymously.

No comments:

Post a Comment